diNeila Brazil – Penthouse (5:00PM-6:00PM)
Cabaña Grande 6 :00pm
A.Z Araujo, Cabaña Grande (6:00PM)
· Born in Rio de Janeiro, A.Z Araujo grew up in the town of Boqueirão in Paraiba, Brazil, working on his father’s farm from a very young age. Currently a resident of New York City, A.Z founded his design house featuring resort and swimwear in 2008. A.Z’s swimwear designs have been worn by luminaries including Miss Universe, Wendy Raquel Robison, Natalia Castro and Cynthia Bailey.
· Mastering the Brazilian cut and feel, A.Z’s collections feature timeless elegance and modern design and fabrication.
· On July 18, 2011, New York-based and Brazilian-born swim and resort wear designer A.Z Araujo will present his 2012 collection during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim. The sensual and innovative styles combine timeless elegance with the latest in fabrication, structure and design technique. Many of the unique and handcrafted designs feature Swarovksi Elements as a creative ingredient for A.Z’s chic and edgy silhouettes.
· The runway show features the following models: Adrienne Bailon, actress and former ‘Cheetah Girl’ Adriana de Moura, ‘The Real Housewives of Miami’ Aylin Mujica, Cuban-born dancer and Telemundo TV star ‘ Aurora’ Celebrity guests confirmed for the show include: CNN Espanol Host Mariela Encarnacion.
Aguaclara, Cabaña Grande (6:00PM)
· A fun and fashionable swimwear brand will unveil its newly developed 2012 collection showing that sophisticated sexiness and affordable luxury swimwear can be successfully melded into one brand.
Have Faith Swimwear, Cabaña Grande (6:00PM)
· Confirmed celebrities: Jon Secada, Daddy Yankee
Kooey Swimwear Australia, Oasis (7:00PM)
· Kooey’s show at MBFW Swim 2012 will be their first solo show in the US and their second year at MBFW Swim
· Special Guest: The recently crowned Miss Teen USA will be in attendance. Kooey Australia are the Official Swimwear Sponsor for the 2011 MISS TEEN USA® Pageant.
Nicolita, Oasis (9:00PM)
· Confirmed celebrities: Adriana DeMoura from Real Housewives of Miami will be walking in the show. Adrienne Bailon will be walking the runway. Trina (Katrina Laverne Taylor) will be walking in the runway show. La La Romero, Bill Zucker , Gail Vaughn, Simi Diskin, Alexia Echevarria from the Real Housewives of Miami
Sonia Vera Swimwear, Oasis (9:00PM)
· Sonia Vera Swimwear, the Los Angeles-based luxury brand, is set to debut its Resort 2012 ‘Getaway’ collection at this year’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim. The new collection pulls inspiration from seductive screen icons Raquel Welch, Claudia Cardinale and Sophia Loren— it depicts the classic femme fatale enveloped in a rustic oasis. Sonia Vera created looks based on a modern-day Bond Girl.
Jogo Beach, Cabaña Grande (10:00PM)
· The brainchild of Pooneh Mohazzabi, is a beach lifestyle collection that combines high-quality craftsmanship with innovative and chic designs. The JOGO BEACH collection consists of swimsuits, beach cover-ups, sarongs, sandals, beach bags and hats, beach pillows, bangles, candles and beauty products, all bursting with vibrant hues and the keenest attention to detail.
· The international scope of her work, multi-cultural and diverse life experiences have taken Pooneh to all the corners of the world and have contributed to her international and eclectic style, which is reflected in the collection.
· An expert in global beach fashion, Pooneh is inspired by the breathtaking beaches found in Indonesia and Brazil – blending their international influences such as colors, textures and customs into each cutting-edge and figure-flattering silhouette.
· The 2012 Swim/Apparel collection is a vibrant reminder of Rio with the injection of vivid colors. Reinforcing the label’s lifestyle presence in the luxury market are the new items in the JOGO BY POONEH lifestyle collection: a line of children’s swimwear and beach apparel.
· Today, Pooneh divides her time between Bali, Rio, the Hamptons and New York City, but continues to trek the world in search of exciting places to inspire her vision. JOGO BY POONEH and JOGO BEACH are available at the flagship store in Bridgehampton, New York and online at jogobeach.com. JOGO BEACH will be showcasing at SwimShow 2012 at the Miami Convention Center from Saturday, July 16, 2011 to Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at Booth 215.
Perfect Tan Bikini, Cabaña Grande (10:00PM)
· The 60-year-old iconic garment, the bikini, and its innovative update by newly launched Perfect Tan Bikini, are a symbol of hope for women. Designers Claudia Cardenas and Richard Reisman identified with a woman’s struggle to find the “perfect” bikini that eliminates tanning challenges and unflattering tan lines.
· With the official launch in summer 2010, Perfect Tan Bikini’s strapless, stay-put bikini tops are functional yet fashionable garments that do not interfere with swimming, tanning or making a fashion statement. The unique fabrication of the bikini top and straps can be easily removed while firmly staying in its place.
· The carefree vibes complement a beach lifestyle. Flirty, fashion-forward silhouettes include halters with center tie, chainlinks or gold rings and hardware adornments on brightly hued, metallic, animal and exotic print bikinis and one-pieces.
Tavik Swimwear, Cabaña Grande (10:00PM)
· Orange County-based brand TAVIK Swimwear and designer Nicole Hanriot create a look that embodies the California beach-babe lifestyle with an edge. Showcasing a daring, bold sense of style that most women can appreciate, TAVIK boasts bright and pastel colors, chic neon lace, geometric and animal prints in the Spring/Summer 2012 collection.
· Silhouettes range from one-pieces to bikinis and the collection introduces strapless underwire push-up tops, tie-sides, hot shorts and ample bandeau tops.
· Fun, festive and fresh, TAVIK also features mix and match prints and textiles allowing individuals to discover and define a look of their own. TAVIK Swimwear will be showcasing at SwimShow 2012 at the Miami Convention Center from Saturday, July 16, 2011 to Tuesday, July 19, 2011 at Booth 280
Zingara, Cabaña Grande (10:00PM)
· The line-up begins with the bold, beautiful and “sprezzatura” that defines ZINGARA, a lifestyle brand with bohemian-chic inspiration. Designers Jeannine and Nathalie Azoubel are influenced by tropical living and highly favored by pampered, sun-kissed bodies all over the world; ZINGARA injects its line with an eclectic, cool flair for a playful yet glamorous look.
· The Summer II 2011 collection’s signature suits include high-quality, luxurious Italian fabrics with pastel and bright color palettes along with kaleidoscopic prints including feathers, paisley, mosaic tiles and floral.
· Metal trimmings are the foundation for hand-sewn embellishments. Sexy yet sophisticated silhouettes include bikinis, monokinis with playful side cut-outs.
· The collection introduces asymmetric tops and high-waist bottoms and with a few suits adorned with draped or ruffled fabrics. Tunics, caftans and cover-ups in light silk – halter and bandeau dresses in mini or maxi styles – offer an effortless transition from poolside lounging to an evening out on the town.
· ZINGARA accessories include wide-brimmed hats, large boho-styled bags, silk headbands, sandals, bracelets, and earrings that seamlessly compliment the swimwear line. ZINGARA is a favorite for today’s woman, who graces the seaside by day and savors cosmopolitan treasures by night.